Tuesday, February 19, 2013

15Feb2013 | Sunset at Sungai Batu & Batu Ferringhi

For the past few days a friend from Singapore with his friend came to Penang to celebrate Chinese new year and vacation, I suggested some good spots to them and brought them to 2 places for the landscape photograph. The first day we went to the southern part of Penang, that place has some rocks and is a good spot for sunset photography. Just an hour before the sunset had some rain, I was so afraid we need to cancel the whole trip, because they were here with tight sechdule. Luckily the rain was short, and we proceeded to the location before the sunset.End of a day
What a beautiful evening after the rain, even this is the place that I have visited a lot of times, but still surprised me with the each visit.
Sunset at T.Kumbar
We spent some wonderful evening there, but good time won't last long due to heavy rain again.
Sunset at T.Kumbar
We left the place when the sky it was dark and we all get wet by rain, but still happy with the photos that I've got it.


2 days later, we went to the north part of Penang, Batu Ferringhi is the famous tourist spot, all along the shore has many hotels and beaches, and the night market attracts lot of tourists after the sun has set. But normally we don't look for that kind of place for seascape photography, I rather choose a picnic spot more that the crowded place.
The Northern Beach
When arrived to the destination saw the tides a bit high, lucky that still managed to find a good spot for taking some photos. This place is need a bit of dangerous climb over some rocks.
Panorama of Batu Ferringhi Beac
Panorama view at the other side of a small fishing village under the beautiful evening sky.
I need some fresh air here!
The last photo is my favorite, stood there waited for half an hour just for the 2 lightning strikes at the same time, really risk my life to wait at that place, because at that time my friends has left the place and surrounding was so dark until can't really see anyone there. That ended my evening sunset photography.

No comments: